# Registration requirements
From fishing to firing ranges to dentistry, certain businesses are required to be registered. This is the right place if you are interested in registering your professional activity or you are looking for information about doing so.To Services
Information about Rights & Duties
Under certain conditions, you can view the debtors' register online in the Joint Enforcement Portal of the Federal States.
Do you have cause for complaint after a train, bus or ship journey? Then you can contact the Federal Railway Authority (EBA).
If you wish to participate in aeronautical and aeronautical navigation radio, the BNetzA will assign you the callsign with the Aircraft Station Licence on application. In addition, you must notify changes, for example, the holder address or the radio technical equipment.
A business registration is always necessary when you start a standing business. This is the case for
- New establishment of a business,
- New establishment of a branch office,
- New establishment of a dependent branch office,
- Takeover of an existing business, e.g. by purchase or lease,
- conversion of a sole proprietorship into another legal form,
- transfer of a business from the area of one authority to the area of another authority (considered as an abandonment by one authority and as a new establishment by the other authority).
The business registration must be carried out simultaneously with the start of the business.
- The obligation to notify exists only if it is a commercial activity. Excluded from the obligation to notify are the activities specified in § 6 paragraph 1 sentence 1 GewO.
Excluded are, among others:
- Primary production (cattle breeding, agriculture, hunting, forestry and fishing)
- Liberal professions (including lawyers, notaries, tax consultants, auditors, doctors, scientific, artistic and literary activities)
- Education of children for remuneration
The purpose of registering a trade is to enable the competent authority to monitor the exercise of the trade and to conduct statistical surveys.